When did yo tell people you were pregnant??

how far along?? did the pregnancy work out?? I had a chemical pregnancy back in '08 and now being pregnant again im scared to tell people and then have a miscarriage. Should i wait the 12 weeks??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I ahev to wait until 12 weeks because I'm rh- and if i don't find our I'm pregnant early enough my body will reject the baby and I will miscarry if I don't get the rhogam shot right away
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 12:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• we waited til after 12 weeks just because we have had miscarriages in the past we wanted to make sure everything would be fine
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• well my SO told his parents and family the day I found out... I was pissed at him but it's his first child, so I got over it... My sister was with me when I took the test so she knew first... I told my family when I was like 6 weeks I think, then after 12 weeks told everyones else... If it makes you feel better you can wait but we only told people that we would also tell if something bad were to happen...
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• When we first found out. We were still in the patient room calling people up! There were a couple ppl that I wanted to tell in person though.
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 12:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

I am rh- and have never heard this.. is there a reason why? i got the shot with my son when I was 26 weeks i think... i am only 14 weeks with this one and now wanna ask the dr about it...

blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i waited till i was 15 weeks just casue i had a still born at 21 weeks
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I told everybody I was close to right away-I was excited and wanted to share the news. I figured if I were to have a miscarriage those would be the people I would go to for support-so they would know anyways!
    I was fortunate-my pregnancy was uncomplicated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i have the same problem i have to get that shot at 15 weeks or i have the posiblity of loseing it too .. it has something to do with your blood type if you are - blood then you have to get it if your not then you dont
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• The rhogamma shot is given to patients who have a negative blood type, because fetal blood and maternal blood can possibley mix during childbirth and complications could result from it. I can't remember the medical term for it right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• honestly I told everyone the day I found out with my first two with this one I wiated for the ultrasound and to see there heart beating and then I told people it was kinda exciting because I found it in that ultrasound that I'm having twins. Tomorrow I get my 12 week ultrasound and I pray everything is okay. Talk to your doctor and I start telling people when your comfortable. I remember I asked the same question too and I was told that if I told poeple and something bad happened then I would have the support system to help me through it instad of going through it by myself and if I told everyone and everything went good than everyone would be happy.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2009