• In the Spotlight:

name one..

name one life changing event in your life that made change your believes or made you believe even stronger? Me... I'm atheist... but I do believe in ghosts... Gettysburg, PA... was on vacation with my family and seen a girl sitting on a rock crying... then she disappeared... well after that I definately believe in ghosts.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised Christian, grew up being afraid of god. When I was 21 I became a born again Christian, but for me something just wasn't there... I did everything I could to please god, and at times I felt like he was happy with me... but I was not really happy, and still felt like something was missing in my life. Eventually I became agnostic, and went on a search for where I could find spiritual fulfillment. I studied religions, I tried on different religions and I eventually came to realize that I really did not believe in some all powerful being.
    The day I vocalized that I did not believe in a god it was kind of strange, but empowering...I felt a freedom I had never felt before.
    Now I am a happy atheist.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 1:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• First, I won't post this anonymously,because I am not ashamed of my past. When I was younger I was molested and raped and abused and I really didn't have much of a religious background. So with all of that happened to me I was bitter, self loathing and suicidal.I went through my high school years putting on a fake smile and pretending that everything was ok.anddoing almost every drug to ease my pain. Even sex. I think in a span of 2 years I slept with15 guys! I didn't care if I was hurting myself or killing myself slowly....
    Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ...then after I met my husband, life slowed down. He never did drugs, drank or even smoked! weird right? The total opposite of me,but regardless of all the crazy things I did he loves me anyway! When life seemed to get better, and brighter. I still felt alone and like that complete feeling was still missing. I have a loving husband. I have a beautiful daughter who will love no matter what. I have security and everything I always wanted.(wellnot everything) But something was still missing.I didn't know it then but something bigger than my little life was waiting for me. I was agnostic, but still wanted to feel what all these "christians" felt.Why couldn't I? was something wrong with me? Why couldn't I FEEL HIS PRESENCE?!...
    Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Istill had/have guily for all the things that happened to me. Even the things I couldn't control.
    So after my husband joined the Marine Corps, in 2007. I met my next door neighbor, Caylin, who in my eyes looked perfect and like an angel. She is as sweet as can be and innocent in a way.Even though we were worlds apart and as different as night and day(I have tats, piercings, blue/purple hair and she was this preppy, blonde, tanned beauty with a perfect body), but we still clicked! She came from a christian based family(her dad is a pastor) and when we finally talked about the BIG MAN UPSTAIRS, things that i never understood made sense...
    Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I can't sum it up for you on what you asked, just to name one life changing moment to make me believe stonger for him is hard to describe. How my now goodfriendcaylin explained to me and reading the bible(something I never took the time to try before) plus discussing and learning along the way. That even when Iwas at the lowest of lows and times when Iwas ready to end it, He was there. And times when I cried for him and then spit on his name because Ihad no answer ,he was there and he still loved me no matter what. and even thought all the rapes and abuse happened to me, I think I as an indavidual had to go through that to finally get that love I have been hurting myself for so long...
    Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• So as they call me a "baby", I am still learning and struggling to stay in HIS path and to be a good person. It's not easy and no one said it would be, but I try. I heard somewhere, that it's easier to hit ground than to fly. and it is true. I don't debate on who is wrong or right when it comes to GOD because it's not my place to judge. You asked and I answered to the best of my abilities. HE IS THERE and HE LOVES US UNCONDITIONALLY. WHEN you aren't looking it'll jump in your face and you will feel it! Much love, Lisa
    Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• The girl on the rock was not a ghost...she was a demon. Part of Satans great deception.

Belonging to a church (religion) that did not support my needs and safety in leaving a horrifying marriage caused me to seek out who God really is and got me to truly know Him for the first time.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• A couple of things that may seem small to anybody else, but were big to me: one day when I was a teen I was mad about something, and said to God that I didn't believe in Him. For the space of maybe 2 seconds, He allowed me to see what life would be like without Him... it was all horrible and empty and dark. After that experience, I have absolutely no doubt. Secondly, once I was in church and went forward to have the speaker pray for me to be filled with the Holy Spirit. It was awesome... I physically felt demonic powers leave my body and physically felt myself being filled with light. Life-changing for me...!
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 1:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yeah, I didn't go to Gettysburg, but the Bushong Farm in New Market, VA. It was the home of a small Civil War battle. I believe that those who did not cross over still walk there. Some of those men were not laid to rest properly and I think their souls are wondering to find their true resting place.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• When i was about 7 years old i read a book called "My Book of Bible Studies". I read the whole thing, by myself, without anyone pushing me to. ...My mom never pushed any form of religion on any of her kids. Well, even at 7 years old i decided that i couldnt believe in a god who was "merciful, forgiving and all knowing" who obviously holds grudges and murdered people for mistakes. When i was 11 i met someone who deeply cared about Jesus and God. He tried to save me. The next day a friend of mine lent me a basic book about Wiccanism. ...It was perfect. It fit me. It made sense. I felt like that part of me that had always been missing in church was right here in this religion. I've never strayed from Paganism sense.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2009