Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it okay for my 4 month to still get his shot if he might be getting a cold?

hes has a little cough and a stuffy/runny nose and has to get shots tomarrow

Answer Question
 
Amander

Asked by Amander at 12:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • It's best to hold off on shots if they child is ill. Most Doctors wont do it anyway.
    Rebecca7708

    Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

  • no you should not give shots when a child is sick. their immune systems are down when they are sick. it is not healthy to give them to them if you are at all.
    MomNbabyGirl009

    Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

  • I meant to say the child, not they child.
    Rebecca7708

    Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

  • What kind of shot? Cause if its a Vax then they will be OK. I just read an article about it and my son had the sniffles and he still got his
    CorCorsmomma

    Answer by CorCorsmomma at 12:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

  • i would ask the doctor if they say yes then ya if not no
    happymama7

    Answer by happymama7 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

  • I work at a dr's office.. if you are running any kind of fever or having more serious sinus issues we will not vax a child.. because( among other reasons ) if they have a reaction to the shot.. their symptoms would mess up a proper diagnosis.
    VictinaG

    Answer by VictinaG at 12:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

  • They vaccinated my son when he had a cold and cough, they said he wasn't runnign a fever so he said it was fine
    a_and_j_momma

    Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

  • I wouldn't...infact my son hasn't gotten his 4 month vaccs yet because he has spent the last month between having a cold and having an ear infection (he is 5 months old now).
    mag12305cmg

    Answer by mag12305cmg at 2:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

  • First of all, he doesn't HAVE to get his shots tomorrow, you can put them off if you're unsure and want to wait until he's over the cold.

    Second, he can still get the shots as long as he has no fever.

    It's up to you.
    TiccledBlue

    Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN