Do you get angry....

when/if you see someone speak disrespectfully about a servicemember, or just the military in general?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, it depends. Are they being disrespectful because they are a servicemen? In that case I get very angry. They are doing a job. They are protecting us. If we didn't have them, where would we be.

On the other hand, I've known some servicemen that are real a-holes. They think the uniform gives them the right to be jerks and act better then everyone. So, if someone were being disrespectful to a guy like that, then I'd say he deserved it.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yeah cause 90% of the time I see people acting rudely the servicemen is just doing their job. I have a LOT of militarily and police friends. Now I have been rude to a millitary man in uniform. He was being a mega dick to me. Just really rude when he was ordering food. I was sure to jack his food price way up and gave his friends major discounts for being kind and saying sorry he is an ass.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 12:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• kind of, but it really depends on the situation.... if they are disrespectful about the fact that they are servicemen, then yes. if they are angry b/c someone got away with something b/c they are in the service, then i'm probably complaining with them. i have the utmost respect for soldiers and police, but there are those that take advantage of the fact that they are the law, so to speak.
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 12:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• IDK that I have really ever really seen it but the military in general is not a part of my life. IDK anyone in it or involved in it at all, so I figure good or bad I cant truthfully judge what someone says so it doesnt really effect me.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes...my grandfathers did not give up four years of their lives to be disrespected by some punk kid on the street who hates America.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Depends on what the comment is about. If it's about an individual, and it's a true statement, then no. If it's someone being disrespectful of what the military does for our country, then yes I get angry. Someone insulting my husband or any other serviceman for serving can piss me off faster than just about anything!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Depends on the type of comment they make.
    If it is one branch slurring another branch you laugh it off because that is just age-old rivalry.
    If it is a civvie talking trash, then of course I get miffed, but I tend to ignore ignorance unless someone makes a boldfaced statement to my face or asks for my opinion.
    If it is a veteran, then I believe they have just cause for making any personal comments they wish because their experience may have been a bad one.
    I came from a military family and am currently a Navy wife. I'm very proud of our military. But I'm not about to sink to anyone's level and get involved in a debate over whatever negative comment they say, either.
    The first ammendment guarantees them that right and my husband has fought for them to have that right.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't live anywhere near a military base, There is not one in our state, only Reserve Guardsmen.  I don't know anyone or come across anyone currently in the military. I don't  agree with all military actions. Yet, I don't take the decisions of our government out on service men and women. Yet, I don't think just because you are in the military gives you the right to special treatment either. If you are an idiot or an arse, I don't care what you do for a living, I will tell you so.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2009