question about college?

I am going to apply to college.. problem is I want to know what I should go for in a community college.. so I can get a decent job after 2 years... and can still continue onto a 4 year college to become a teacher... ? Would Early Childhood Education be a good choice? If so what jobs would I be able to get after 2 years... ? If I didn't explain that well let me know. lol. It's late.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you go talk to a counselor at the school you are planning to attend and tell them your goals they will help you come up with an education plan... they will let you know what careers you can get with your Associates and which classes will transfer to a 4yr college too.

Most CC's are very helpful in helping their students decide which way to go.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 1:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ECE isn't a bad choice, since you're looking to become a teacher. ECE credits are generally required for preschool teachers.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I am taking classes online and I am going for Elementary Education. I'm not sure what jobs would be out there but I think that with an Asst. Degree you can be a teacher aid. Besides you wouldn't have to get a job in JUST that field. A degree of most any kind will open up doors for you all over the place. GOOD LUCK by the way!
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 12:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Don't go for business. It's worthless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• lol... I just want to know what 2 year degree I could get that would put credits towards a teaching degree... after 2 years in college I at least want to show something for it.. most people told me to take liberal arts the first 2 years... but that isn't really going to help get a decent job afterwords... it is good to have those credits but....
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Liberal Arts is just that you haven't chosen a major... and is not a bad idea if someone doesn't know which direction they want to go.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 1:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

No it isn't. My husband has one and has a great job. He just hired three junior executives that will report to him who had business degrees. They all will be making 80k a year. My husband makes 175k a year after only 3 years with this company. They are a growing company and are still hiring.

Anonymous