4th grade science fair project ideas?

Something easy that my son can do alone, I want him to experience it. I like to just help and do some decorating.

Asked by txnmomof4 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2012 in Tweens (9-12)

• Hit up google, type something into the search bar then head to images look through those, if something strikes your fancy then click on it will take you to page the photo is on if there are no instructions then type in the project into search bar again & go back to the web searches. This is how I find many of my greatest craft ideas =)

Answer by reindeergames at 12:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2012

• My son did a project on quick sand. He then made corn starch and water slurry, which feels like quick sand.

Answer by robinkane at 12:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2012

• if he has the time i did a project on plant growth that was pretty easy. you get 3 small potted plants & give one plant only water, one plant only tea, soda, juice, or some other liquid (i dont not recommend smells horrid!) and another plant nothing. then you compare their growth.

if he doesnt have time i did a "how does salt affect ice" project. all you need for that is a block of ice & some salt. then you just observe.

Answer by okmanders at 12:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2012

• I came across this website when I was putting together a family science night. I would let him look through it and decide what he wants to do.

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2012

• How long do you need for the plant one? I like that idea

Comment by txnmomof4 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2012

• It is due Feb 1st

• How about a volcano? A glass jar, some clay (to mold around the jar to look like the volcano) some baking soda and some vinegar. You could even add food coloring to make it more interesting.

Answer by kustomkrochet at 12:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2012

• Pass this website on to your child; look for the resources link

Answer by rkoloms at 1:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2012

• Guaranteed to win most scientific, the study of fractals (things continually subdivided)

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2012

• my fourth grader tried to make rock candy. but she brought the paper home too late for her to be in the program. i'm saving all our glass jars and we plan to make some soon.

Answer by noel1978 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2012