Nursery water or just any water?

Im having a baby in a few days and was wondering about water for formula.I dont want to use our tap because i cant even drink it..many many issues with our water pipes. So would it be better to get the Nursery water or just regular water..does it really matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Just get the bottled water. It will be fine. No need for the nursery water at all...as mentioned by a previous poster it's just a way for a company to make money.

I wouldn't even bother paying more for "spring" water...the purified stuff will be fine.

After reading your description of the water (see...some DO read! lol) I wouldn't drink it either!! Ick.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• there was a new study done about fluoride in drinking water is not actually good for you, so don't get the nursery water with fluoride. If you don't want to use your tap water, you can use regular bottled water, but it's gonna cost you a small fortune to do so... have you considered adding a filter to your tap? those are way cheaper than constantly buying bottled water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Regular bottled water is fine. They just market nursery water as another way to get your money. Congratulations on the baby!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I get a filter stand from crystal springs and they deliver new water every month for like 30 bucks a month, that way every one can drink it
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i used tap water.
    revigue

Answer by revigue at 12:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I used just the regular great value one gallon water. I personally dont feel it matters all that much...

And tell me to just shut up if you dont wanna answer, but how come you are not gonna breast feed? Just a question. I am not gonna judge I just like to know why people chose to and chose not too.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 12:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• you could always boil your tap water, and put it in the fridge for a few days
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• OP-- Our tap water sometimes turns colors..(i live on post) and they are doing a lot of construction. I dont wanna chance it with the water here. We buy bottle water anyways..We go threw 2 24 packs almost in a week.I just wanted her to have her OWN water jug type thing. AND our sink is to small to put a filter on it. We tried :(

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• OP--CorCorsmomma .. I have tried b4 with my 1st daughter..Its just not my thing.WORST experence of my life and i will never do it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It can depend alot on where your at too, like by us, the closer you are to the lake, the worse the water is and you can tell the difference. I have went with filtered before just as I have w/ bottled, but I don't see anything wrong with going with tap, thats what I mostly do, especially when your low on money and can't afford to keep buying stuff.
    fiorghra604

Answer by fiorghra604 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009