eating peanuts while pregnant?

i heard that eating peanuts while pregnant can cause paenut allergies in the babies is that true? if so is if just if you eat a ton of peanuts or is even eating a few a probable problem

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think this is true.
    karina400

Answer by karina400 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• This is what the doctor told my sister. It can cause your child to have peanut allergies. It is an extreme pain if your child is allergic, they have to sit at a different table at school, have special meals prepared for them. You have to watch where you eat in public because peanut oil or peanuts are used to make so much. I would definitley avoid peanuts during pregnancy, it'd be worth it to me.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 7:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Even if you dont eat peanuts there are lots of foods that still have peanut parts in them
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_it_safe_to_eat_peanuts_while_pregnant
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I don't remember avoiding peanuts but it's been 2.5 yrs since I've been pregnant. Is there anything in the index about peanuts in "What to Expect When You're Expecting"?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• It is recommended that certain women avoid eating peanuts while they are pregnant. You are advised to avoid peanuts if you, your baby's father, or one of your previous children has had an allergic reaction to something. Allergic conditions include:

� eczema

� asthma

� hayfever

� any allergic response (rashes, itches, bumps) if you've eaten food such as strawberries, shellfish, or peanuts.

It is only peanuts that should be avoided by some women �- other nuts, such as brazil, hazelnuts, walnuts or cashew nuts are perfectly safe.

emmasmommy1016

Answer by emmasmommy1016 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2008