Static cling.... Help!

What are the best dryer sheets to use to eliminate static cling? I have tried different brands and none of them seem to work- the clothes still come out full of static! It's driving me and the rest of my family crazy. I don't use liquid fabric softener either... is this part of the problem?

princesspalace

Asked by princesspalace at 1:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Any sheets I have used have helped but Bounce seems to work the best.

You may want to try to run a humidifier in your home as static cling is caused by dry conditions. For a quick fix, hang the clothes you plan to wear in the bathroom while you shower

I have heard people say that running a wire hanger over the clothes takes out the cling but I have never tried that and that adding one half cup of vinegar, in the machine during the wash and rinse cycle will keep it at bay. I dunno but it sure helps for really bad smells on clothes like oil

Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 3:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• "...adding one half cup of vinegar, in the machine during the wash and rinse cycle will keep it at bay."
    That would seem like it would make the clothes smell (as vinegar stinks!) but I will give it a try. :p I'm desparate at this point. Even my 3 yr. old is complaining about the static! lol Also I'm not sure I have any wire hangers but will look for one also. Thanks for the advice! : )
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 12:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• apply a wet paper towel to the area that your clothes are sticking to.......ex: when my skirt would stick to my legs i would dampen my legs with a wet paper towel and then not have static anymore that day
    SassyMommyBllck

Answer by SassyMommyBllck at 12:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2009