How do you know what your cervix is?

I know this is crazy to ask, but i keep seeing people say check your cervix and it goes up and down and this S.H.O.W, soft high open wet. How do you check your cervix and how do you know thats whats you touching or whatever you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'll be a little graphic, if you put your finger in it feels like a little indentation. Feel around everyday for it and soon you'll be able to tell when it moves closer to your finger or farther away.  Some times when it's farther you'll have to push your finger farther in.  i use my middle finger and its towards the front of you body, not the back.  It's easiest to find it in the shower, and lift one leg up.

jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• WOW, that was actually very educational, Thank you so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Look for a picture on-line. That's how I found mine, when I could actually picture what it was I was feeling. Don't expect it to be very helpful the first month, though, because it can take a while to figure out the different positions. And be sure to check it at the same time every day, apparently that can make a difference.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have a question for the original question....What is the purpose of doing this? Is it to aid in finding when you ovulate?
    lillysauntjenny

Answer by lillysauntjenny at 2:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yes that was the reason in finding out what it feels like, I guess it changes when you ovulate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jan. 15, 2009