Is it normal for a 10 year old boy to be starting puberty?

My son recently showed me that he is growing hair under his arms. Also he is starting to break out. Could he be starting puberty? So young?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• oh yeah, and my husband told me that our son told him that he is growing hair down there. My husband didn't start puberty till he was 14 years old, btw.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yep, pubert is happening younger and younger.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes, my son started breaking out right when he turned 11. When he was 10 he told me "he was getting hair down there" when we had our "talk" about puberty and what to expect. He is 11, almost 12 now and really having struggles with acne. Puberty is no fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes he could be. I know that my son did not start this early, his best friend did. By 12 he had already gone through it. I would just make sure you talk to him about his body and the changes he will be going through. I know that at my sons school they showed the kids a video and then gave all the boys deodorant.

If your school does not do this then you might want to go get some.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• IMO, yes. My 10 yr. old DS is starting to show signs too with a mustache! And the smart mouth UGH UGH UGH! Am I ready for it, NO. Am I going to let DH handle it, YES. We have two girls (6 & 9) which is my territory LOL.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son already had a pimple at 10 and the smart mouth and mood swings are about to kill me. I think it all has to do with the hormones we eat in our foods and stuff.
    m4heaven

Answer by m4heaven at 11:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my sons 10 he started getting pubes & underarm hair at 9.Hes even having wet dreams on occasion, which totally trips me out! I rounded up all the guys i know and brow beat them into telling me when all this started for them, They all said there average age was 10ish. Wow.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 5:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2009