• In the Spotlight:

for those of you who are married.. how did you know he was the one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Well my husband was previously married before we got together and they had a child together. They have joint custody and he only see's her everyother weekend but during that weekend that we had her, he was amazing with her, I could believe that he could love someone so much. It made me fall in love with him the instant I first saw him playing with his daughter
    SouthernDrama

Answer by SouthernDrama at 2:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I knew when he made an eight-hour overnight drive home with me at the very last minute. I'd been very upset because there had been a major earthquake in my hometown, and I wanted to go home to visit but couldn't afford airfare. Since I was working nights, he offered to drive me up after my shift was over, so I could sleep on the way. My parents were completely shocked when we drove up to their house, because I hadn't told them I was coming.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• im not married but my first clue that my boyfriend is the one is the fact that when we touch its like electric as corny as that sounds and whats funny is when we first started dating i had told one of my friends that and not two days later we were laying in bed and he said the same thing to me, and he had NO WAY of knowing i had said it to my friend
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 4:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ok, might sound cheesy. .
    But I knew when I met him. It was the end of Freshmen year, and my friend introduced us infront of the vending machines at school. It wasn't a nervous like two new people, it was an instant wow moment for both of us. I still remember what he was wearing!! A blue VW hat, a white shirt, black back pack and jeans. He wore Grey vans too. lol It was totally instant for me. We've been together since sophmore year. I've just known. We are each others opposites. We calm each other, and excite each other. We have two wonderful kids, and are planning to add another baby at the end of the year. (hes deployed right now. . . ) we've been through a lot so far, and have only gotten stronger. He has and always given me butterflies and goose bumps. He is amazing. I love him so much, and I can't imagine being without him. He is my everything!! I get so giddy just from writting this! lol Hes my love <3<3<3<3<3<3
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 4:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• DH and I had known each other, talked at parties, etc. for a few years. I was housemates with his cousin and knew the whole family.

One night he stopped by the house to see his cousin and "catch up". I finally roused out of bed and saw that he was there and we began to talk. We talked all night, about everything. Just a really good, flirty, amazing talk. At one point when we were talking about food I said that I loved tuna in oil - DH blurted out "Wow, you are perfect". He laughed and I laughed so hard.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Anyway, he goes home and I get some sleep and the next day we spend the entire afternoon together and then go out to dinner. At this point, I know this is serious. Finally, we go to this amazing local ice cream shop and DH gets pistachio ice cream. We sit outside and he begins to eat. Now I know this guy is really into me but he is just going to TOWN on that ice cream. Watching him eat that, I knew he was the one and that we were going to be together forever.

That was on a Tuesday. Two days later we moved in together. Been together ever since.

When you know, you know.
    Wimsey

• I just know he's the one bec we don't even have to try to work things out. Everything just fell into place.
    BloomingJen

Answer by BloomingJen at 7:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I knew when we first met, I didn't say anything until a couple months later, we both said it at the same time, we had no idea we were both thinking the same thing.
    I have had a few serious relationships and none of them were like this, you just know. It will all make sense when you meet the right one....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I knew he was the one because we communicate very well with each other. we were friends for 4.5 years before we even started dating. He is kind, giving, hardworking, and will always listen to what I have to say even @ 2 in the morning. we have our share of problems and he is not perfect. we share as much in common as we do in differences. And he has the best sense of hurmour. He is awsome with kids and dealing with people(worked for years with nursing home patients). He doesnt have a temper almost never gets really upset .He was is an all around good person and I knew he would treat me right and that is why I fell in love with him and How I knew he was the one for me.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 7:00 PM on Jan. 14, 2009