is there something i can do to help a cut in my mouth heal quicker?

i bit my lip really bad a week ago, and it hurts so bad, feels just like a cut.. is there something i can do to help it heal faster?? like this A-1 sauce is hurting sooo bad... eating this steak is bitter sweet...

AudlyLuvly

Asked by AudlyLuvly at 1:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• I just talked to my best friend who is a Dental Assistant about this. She says Absolutely to USE WARM SALT WATER and swish with it a couple times a day. It helps the mouth heal faster than it normally would.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• There is nothing that will help it heal faster, but you can get the salts and that out with mouthwash or vinegar and it won't hurt as much.I have been in your situation :-(
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:49 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i did that once and my mum said to use mouth wash or salty water to keep the infection away. it helped alot it didnt hurn or anything and after a week it was better i loved the idea of it. best of luck to u hope it heals soon:D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my mouthwash has alcohol in it, and it buuurrns.. lol
    AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 2:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• oh can you get alcohol free mouth wash??? if so try and use that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Don't use mouthwash. Use warm to hot salt water. (As hot as you can stand it.) Your mouth heals quickly, usually. Is this in a place where it is constantly being reopened? Is it possible you need a stitch?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• no, it doesn't need a stitch.. it's not bleeding, and it is in a bad spot... it'd probably heal if i didn't keep playing with it with my tongue..and when i eat, my tooth rubs against it... i'll use salt water rinse tonight..
    AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 2:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• nope... a mouth heals very quickly and all on it's own. mom works for a dentist, dummy... you should know that lol
    prinzesstephi

Answer by prinzesstephi at 4:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i just didn't know if like rinsing with peroxide would help or something.. and i'm def. not going to call mom just to ask her about this... i avoid mom at great lengths

AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 6:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Lysine will help mouth cuts and sores heal faster.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2009