What do you do when he cheats and then marries the woman?

I was going out with Mike for about 7 years. We decided that I would move to my home town to continue my education while he was in the military service. We have a son and he was 4 when we moved. A couple of years went on and when making a routine phone call I was notified that we broke up by a girl on the other end. To my surprise he was cheating??!!! Well in 2005 he got married to someone that he met in a port stop and come to find out my son did not like her but was forced to like her. Now he is getting a divorce and he is wanting my son to attend his high school years on the east coast where he lives. Come to find out he wants my son to move out there so he can teach him how to be a man. I don' t want my son to become his father, I want him to respect women.
Should his father tell our son that he cheated and why? And why do they cheat over and over?

poohsma

Asked by poohsma at 1:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• do u think all men cheat?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• How old is your son?
    Anonymous

• i think you need to keep everything age appropriate, i dont know how old your son is but i dont think its ok to tell a young child bad things even if they are the truth, about the other parent, if he is older i dont think you should put it in a "put down" way meaning dont say "that bastard cheated" but make it clear that you are not ok with this and your son will have to make the choice if hes old enough
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 3:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Just because he wants him to move out there doesn't mean you have to let him regardless of whether your ex is a cheater or not. I would save the whole why you're not together thing for when he's older and asks and then I'd be really cautious in how I answered. Children don't like to hear bad things about their parents. It's all in how it's worded and tone.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Not me. Just because of the whole he wants to teach him how to be a mna thing sounds a little off to me. Who knows what he will teach him. Tell him no and if he wants visitaiotn then sue for it. I can't imagine he will get custody since a)courts favore the mom and b) he hasn't really been in his lofe before this from the sounds of it.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• As far as telling your son about dad cheating....he cheated on you not your son. but i would be very cautious about allowing him to spend time with your son because of his poor morales and values. Your son will learn soon enough what kind of man his father is. Doesn't usualy take long for their true colors to show.
    Anonymous