What should I do?

Now, that it is winter I need to put my baby's snowsuit on but it is so difficult to put him in it and have him buckled into his car seat, cause he will be to snugged. So, should I put on the snowsuit and put him in his car seat and adjust the strap or should I just put a warm sheet or comforter on him? Please let me know.

kaynadjaysmom28

Asked by kaynadjaysmom28 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Very dangerous to put baby in bulky clothes and then into carseat..just use lots of blankets to cover baby...if you want to watch a video of what can happen than just look on U-Tube..you can find it on there that will show you what could happen if you put baby in bulky clothes and into carseat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Well, it's a car seat. It can get pretty warm in those things. We live in AK, car seats get warm, is your car heater working good? If so, just put a blanket over him. When you are oustide, put a warm hat on him as well. When your car heats up, take the hat off so he doesn't over heat. That's what I do.
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 1:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• please don't put him in anything bulky! the fabric compresses if you wreck and could eject him. blanket on top and layers or thin jacket under straps. I used a snowsuit too and did not know the danger; thankfully we never wrecked but there's the potential for harm. microfiber jackets are supposed to be really thin and super warm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• They make those snow suit things that have the build in place so that you can still put them in car seats Here is a link for them.
    http://www.buysellcommunity.com/sale/HUVUKHXG/
    I personally dont like them because we had one and it was just to hot for ds, but maybe you will have a better experience with them. Evertime I took dd out she was way to warm,
    misssy2000

Answer by misssy2000 at 3:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• We put our baby in a fleece sleep N play and then just cover him with a blanket and then use a blanket over the car seat so the wind doesn't get to him. The car is always warmed up before hand so he's only outside for 2 seconds. We have to take the blanket off right away because he starts sweating so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• As others have said just put your baby in a warmer sleeper or cloths, hat, mittens and cover him up with a blanket. Also the carseat covers are great! they help keep the cold air out. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6487082
    Just be sure when you get in the car remove hat and carseat cover if you car gets really warm, so you baby doesn't get to sweaty.
    Kanesmom24

Answer by Kanesmom24 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2009