do you think slim-fast really works?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO, it has alot of sugar in it & its a quick fix nothing long term & I starved on it!! which only lasted a week I just cut down alot & workout 6 days a week with dvds
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i tried it a few years back, and it worked,i lost 35lbs. the only problem was i got sooo sick of the drink. I used to buy the powederd stuff then mix it with milk, and yaa there was only so much chocolate milk i could drink. one for breakfast, one for lunch, then a light dinner. but ya, it did work for me. but, as with most diets, once you stop you gain all the weight back. so..your call!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I tried it several years ago. Yes, I lost weight. I followed the diet VERY strictly, and I started running every night. However, I was STARVING, and I got REALLY burnt out on the Slim Fast shakes and bars real fast. And just like Alexis, as soon as you go back to real food, it all comes back.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Sure...you only drink a shake for lunch...you starve... you lose weight.... but can't they find a better tasting way to starve you???? j/k but really, i do think it works because you so severly limit your food intake....
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 3:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Maybe just replace one meal instead of two. Two is a bit much, and would feel a lot like starvation.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• No, but it does make a nice snack in the afternoon to curb your hunger until dinner.
    And, yes, it has a lot more sugar than a diet aid should have.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Even with the sugar, though, I don't like the taste and I always thought....I could be eating a small sandwich instead of drinking this stuff! So, it will work to help you lose weight if you really do stick to the plan, but there are so many much better plans that allow real, healthy food and are much more satisfying!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I really don't see where everyone is STARVING! I have been on SF for 5 days and if at anything I have never eaten so much food! I love their website and I use it to make my menu for the week and the shopping list is great! I have been eating 1500 calories a day and I have 2 SF meal replacements. I do also buy the generic stuff at Walmart and Costco but I have found that the Optima shakes and food work better to keep hunger down. I have found the SF website very helpful. Yes, I can agree with the fact that there is more sugar in the SF products but compared to what I was eating....it is MUCH less. I think SF is a great way to learn how to eat right. I hope to stay on this play for a while and then gradually move to a full diet of healthy eating with no supplements.

Monchichi

Answer by Monchichi at 6:09 PM on Feb. 6, 2009