Not feeling affectionate during pregnancy?

I don't know if this is normal or not, but it is really making my SO very angry at me.

But I really just don't feel like cuddling up with him. I have insomnia so I hardly go to bed at the same time as him, which pisses him off really bad.
I really just feel like sitting here on the laptop and goofing off on the computer. Its not like I am telling him to get away, I am sitting here right next to him. But he is complaining that I have no affection towards him at all. (Guess that steamy sex last night didn't count...)

I don't know. Is it normal to feel a bit distant right now. I am about 10 weeks along.

D_mom05

Asked by D_mom05 at 3:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• tottaly normal lol it happens to me just kinda off and on sometimes i just dont want to be touched then others i just want to be held lol with my first lol NOONE touched me lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• With my first baby, I was single and alone. So I didn't really notice these problems. I did have insomnia and spent like 6 hours a night on the computer, this time, its not nearly as much since I have a 3 yo. I don't actually feel like "get away from me" I am just content where I am and he wants me to be cuddling with him all the time.
    D_mom05

Answer by D_mom05 at 3:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i was alone with my first but even my friends didnt come near me ..
    its happens what you are feeling lol ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• OMG at 10 weeks I was an absolute monster. I had a meltdown inside a sushi place b/c my DH decided that eating crab sushi was "too risky." I was in the worst mood at that point. I'm 32 wks. now and not nearly in the pissed off mood i was around weeks 10-12, it will go away most likely. However, I understand not feeling affectionate. When my DH slaps my bottom or something I actually get angry! I don't know what it is, maybe it's nature's way of saying, "you already did your duty now leave me alone!" haha.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2009