Weeding guest List Question!!

Ok so we are going to start planning our wedding soon and we have put together a guest list to get a rough idea of how many people. My first question is, if you invite someone that you don't know as a couple, do you have to allow them to bring a guest? Also when it comes to children, do you have to put the children's names on the invite?

ctsassy

Asked by ctsassy at 3:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• It's nice to allow for a "plus one" when sending out an invitation to a single person - nobody likes to go to weddings alone. You can just write "and guest" after their name on the inside envelope.

You write the name of the children on the inside envelope - Larry & Janice (first line), Bob, Sally, Little Joe all on their own lines.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Always allow for a guest. Make sure you put children are welcome. And on the RSVP's make sure there is a line that asks how many will be attending.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Just be clear about who is actually invited....if the kids are invited specify that. I don't think it is right to invite adults without a guest but not everyone agrees with me. Some people will choose not to bring a guest, but I think it should be up to them. You will definitely get different opinions on that.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Usually you invite the friend with their name and put and guest on the envelope.Also you can put and family for more than one or and child for one.Usually we don't put names for the immediate children of family. Otherwise children are not usually invited except in the bridal party.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• well my ex had a friend that invited him to her wedding and she had never met me but he wanted me to go and checked with her first she said it was fine but there was at least one other person who had asked to bring a guest that she told no too because she knew the guy the chick wanted to bring and he did not get along with the groom long story short, what you do for one do for all this caused alot of unneeded drama at her wedding and the chick who was told no was very rude to me (might not have helpped that she was my bf at the times ex lol) but thats ok hes my ex now too sr different subject there lol
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:26 PM on Jan. 14, 2009