PLEASE answer my question!!! thank you thank you thankyou!

i was sitting at my comp just now ( in my underwear sorry) anyway i felt a warm feeling down there. i felt and my hand came back all wet and my seat was wet. idk if it was my water. ive heard amniotic fluid can have a certain smell to it.. does anyone know what that smell is? im going to wait for contractions if i start having them as told by my dr because it wasnt much that came out but it was a good amount...
anyone know ho wit smells?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have no clue what it smells like because with each 3 of my pregnancies I had to have my bags ruptured during inducement.
    If you even suspect that your water has broken (look up signs and symptoms on a pregnancy website) then get yourself to the hospital to have it tested.
    Bring your hospital bag in case you did because you will be kept and admitted.
    Best wishes to you!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't know if amniotic fluid has a strong smell, but urine does. So either it smells like pee or it doesn't. I think that anytime you lose amniotic fluid that you need to get hold of your doctor, even if you don't have any contractions. If there is a tear in the sac, germs can get in there and get to your baby. So please call your doctor about this.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies, if you think your water may have broke you need to call your doctor! And take your hospital bag just in case! Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Are you pregnante? If not then you just peed yourslf.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2009