If a child eats a banana peel will it harm her?

My daughter ate a piece of banana peel last night while I was out getting dinner. Hubby was to be "watching" her and didn't see if she actually ate it or not. She is sick this morning. Should I call and see if she can be seen by the dr. or just leave it alone and let it take it's course?

kidsmomof2

Asked by kidsmomof2 at 6:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• It might upset her tummy a little, but I don't think it would make her seriously ill. You could always call the dr and just ask them if a banana peel would do her any harm, then they can tell you if she needs to be brought in, rather than wasting your time and money to go in in person and be told she's fine and there's nothing they can do. Plus, she'll feel more comfy at home than at the dr.'s office. Hope she feels better soon.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't think it would make her sick. It's probably just a coinky dink that she is sick at this point and time but you could at least call the doctor and ask about it if you're really worried.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 6:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2009