what do you put on the baby for sleep? where did you buy it? do you use blankets? we are 3 months old and grew out of sleeping bag 0-9 months which i totally love.

thecat3

Asked by thecat3 at 6:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is 17months old and I still use a sleep sack. I love them. I feel she is safest in these though I know she can use a blanket overnight. My DD can still use a Large sleep sack and I know they sell Xtra Large. They can be found at Babies R Us in the bedding section (where they sell the mattresses and other pads) If these are still somehow too small for your baby then, cut off the bottom of the sleepsack (below the zipper) and let their feet hang out. I don't think they recommend blankets yet at 3 months of age.
    VirgoMom807

Answer by VirgoMom807 at 6:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have 5 kids and always used footy pajamas with a onesie under when they were that age alone with blankets.

Answer by gemgem at 7:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Blanket sleeper with either a onesie or snug pajamas under it. Depended on the weather.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son is like a little heater and our house is really warm up stairs (freezing downstairs and sweltering upstairs!!) so he just sleeps in footsie pajamas. Last night he seems a little cool though so I tucked a blanket around him. A blanket is okay if your baby can move independently and if you tuck the blanket in under the mattress and it is under his arms not over them. Usually I avoid it but he was waking up chilly last night.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My DS sleep in pajamas now that it is cold long sleeves and long bottoms, or footie jammies. He has 2 blankets in his crib, one is very soft on one side, I lay that on his body and the other is a heavier baby quilt and I lay it over!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My 5 month old grew out of the sleep sacks as well.....little chunker ;p Gerber has footie jammies that are the same material as the sleep sacks, 100% polyester. But beware because Gerber obviously thinks all babies are tiny and there sizes are all screwed up, my daughter wears 6-9 month clothes in all brands but I have to buy 12 months in gerber brands! I hope this helps and good luck!
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 9:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• sleepers mainly with the little footy things but we are in southeast texas so it doesn't get that cold here. unless you count the week before christmas when we had 6 inches of snow.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I bought a baby sleep sack on www.babysleepbags.com in the 0-2 size. LOVE that I can use it for two years before having to go up to the next size and it's made of merino, so it's super soft and snuggly plus it moves moisture off his body when it gets hot.  A definite must have in my opinion! 

mynaturalbaby

Answer by mynaturalbaby at 9:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2009