my baby has rash on cheeks especially one of them. i am breastfeeding. spoke to my doc she said maybe milk products including cottage cheese , possibly citrus products? did anyone have same problems? ( i really love milk and citrus products)

thecat3

Asked by thecat3 at 6:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never had a reaction to dairy products like that with my son BUT he did get a really bad eczema rash on his cheeks at about 3 1/2 or 4 months. It looked like an allergic reaction but it is dry sensitive skin and the drooling makes it worse.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have but not with milk. My son is allergic to ALL red dye. He got rashes like the one you are describing your child has. It was very bad when he was little. He is a teenager now and knows what h e can and cannot eat and on occasion can have a hot dog or cereal with red dye but not all the time. It was a real pain for us too because do you know how many things have red dye in them? We had to give up all of it. Itll be ok though, you do adjust and then never even remember when you could eat that stuff LOL

Answer by gemgem at 7:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My baby had a rash on her cheeks too. but the doc told me that it was bec of my hormones being passed to her while breastfeeding. Milk and saliva plays a role too. I just wiped it with wet washcloth after feeding, it just disappeared.
    BloomingJen

Answer by BloomingJen at 7:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son gets rashes on his cheecks even now that he's 12 months. His just gets dry and I put Vaseline on them before he goes to bed and it helps.

Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 9:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My daughter use to get rashes when she drank milk ( she is now 11months) and the pharmasite actaully told me to do lactose free for about a month and then slowly bring milk back into the diet.. and it worked so !! i found zinc oxide helps with the rash on the face. hope that helps !!
    NicoleCoderre

Answer by NicoleCoderre at 9:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my baby gets rashes on her cheeks it's eczema .hers was so bad they had to perscribe something. but vasiline also works well
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Has she had a really high fever recently? Cheeks that look like they've been "slapped" are a symptom of several non-specific viral infections AND most often roseola infantum.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2009