i need some help on this

i just found out im 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant and i was just wondering if i can find out what should i be eating can anyone help ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Eat a lot of veggies, meat and noodles even beans. A lot of protein. Also drink lots of milk and eat a lot of fruit. Don't do a lot of junk food or caffiene.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 6:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• fruits, veggies, fish, meat.. all the good stuf...

when i say meat and veggies i dont mean a burger from McDumb and stuff like that ;)

i wouldnt drink anything with caffene and such.

all the normal foods are alright. you dont need to eat for 2 ;) my OB recommended to eat 5 little meals. good breakfast, then a snack (veggies/fruits ect), then have a good lunch, then another healthy snack and then of course dinner :)

not too much greasy stuff, not too much sugar :)

congratulations!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• you don't need to have a special diet, just try to eat healthy. there are some foods you should avoid like nitrates (found mostly in hot dogs and lunch meat) and not too much caffeine. Fish is a great thing to eat! however there are sea food you should avoid (sorry not sure which ones). don't eat a lot of fatty foods or you will gain a lot of weight. (at least I did) You should also be taking a multi vitamin. make sure it has plenty of folic acid.

AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 8:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I was on Google constantly when I first found out I was pregnant. What the ladies have said so far is pretty much bank - stay low on sweets, eat well-balanced meals and the like. However, some things you should be cautious about are:

Deli meats - doctors recommend you heat these to steaming before eating to kill bacteria like listeriosis

Tuna - No more than one to two can per week, and make sure it's chunk light, not albacore. Albacore has high mercury content, and you don't want that for your baby.

Any high mercury fish - such as swordfish and if I'm not mistaken, salmon. Larger fish have a higher concentration of mercury from ingesting smaller fish, so if you're not sure, google it before you order it.

Certain cheeses - such as veined cheeses like bleu cheese, mexican style cheeses like queso blanco, and anything unpasteurized. Stick to harder cheeses or for a soft snack, mozzarella.
    Reulia

Answer by Reulia at 2:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009