• In the Spotlight:

GARDASIL........Are you vaccinating your daughters???

I am not vaccinating my daughter with this. I feel the drug is still to new for any long term effects to be known. I have had cervical dysplasia and it wasn't that bad, so long as it is caught early it can be treated. I was just wondering if you also feel this drug is still to new to vaccinate your daughters or if you planned on getting it. I just feel there are so many drugs being recalled every single day. You can't take away the vaccine. And while I am sure it is prob safe, I just don't want to have my dd to have a even worse something or another b/c she had the vaccine.

What do you all think about it?

lovinmomto3

Asked by lovinmomto3 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• I have many years before I have to decide, but if I had to now I would wait like you. I want more research done on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have a few years before I need to decide. I will keep tabs on it and as long as there are no bad side effects and the ones that seem there are fixed I will vaccinate my dd.

Answer by gemgem at 8:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my 2 oldest daughters got it. their doctors are the best,they've written and published several papers,received several rewards for their work. they suggested the girls get them,that's all i needed. if i can prevent them from getting some horrible disease,then hell yeah! as a parent it is my job to protect my children.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 8:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Im with you pam. My kids always get vaccinations. Right now there are some side effects though and they are looking into them. I figure my dd is almost 4 I probably have a few yrs to decide either way.

Answer by gemgem at 8:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• No, my daughter will not be getting this vaccine.

It's too new and not necessary as far as I'm concerned. Women have made it just fine without it all these years. I think better education on HPV would go a long way! I never knew what HPV was until I was in my third pregnancy and found out I had it! I took sex ed in high school and all they cared to talk about was AIDS and babies.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• NO WAY. It causes genital warts, hasn't been tested for long term effects, was turned down again just a few days ago by the FDA for use by older women due to it causing miscarriages and infertility (but we can use it on young girls???), has been linked to Guillam-Barre syndrome, seizures, fainting, and death.... if you want more info with sources and links, go read my journals taken straight from the news.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Oh AND it only protects against TWO strains of over 35 known strains of HPV.
    KnoxvilleDoula