can i change my daughers last names after the divorce is final. to get my maiden name back? do i have to have his permission first, i have sole custody and he is possessorary conservatory.

i want to change my daughters last names after this divorce is over for safety reasons and for school reasons. i want to know if i can make this choice myself or do i have to have his permission. i have sole custody and he is possessory conservator.

mom2girls1980

Asked by mom2girls1980 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I just recently changed my boys a couple of weeks ago. Their father has not had anything to do with them since we moved here i asked how to do it and there are 2 ways 1)prove he is unfit and take his parental rights away or 2) he has to agree to it and you both have to get an ammended birth certificate Hope this helps the parental rights costs about $1000 a child and it goes through the courts
    janette_lee

Answer by janette_lee at 8:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008