I need some advice!

Due to medical reasons my doc is inducing me this Friday. Im 39 weeks and he said im dialated 1 1/2 cen. but im still only 30% effaced. I've continued dialating but my cervix won't get any thinner. He said that if my cervix doesn't change by Friday i'll more than likley need a c-section. Any advice on what I can do to help it out?!

CourtneyAnn8690

Asked by CourtneyAnn8690 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• SEX, something with the sperm may help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_four-exercises-to-ease-aches-and-help-with-labor_1332762.bc

Squats and pelvic tilts helped me become more effaced and dilated when it came time for me to be induced. I was in labor for 12 hours, and ended up needing an emergency c-sec after 2 hours of pushing because DS had turned his head too soon in his descent, so he got "stuck" on my pelvic bone. If he hadn't done that, it wouldn't have taken much to get him out. Anyway, try the squat and tilt exercises, they should help!
    Kingstons_Mom

Answer by Kingstons_Mom at 9:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• That isn't accurate info. Your doctor will be giving you drugs to force progress. You WILL change (or at least have the opportunity to) at that time. It is likely to be more successful if you've made head-way, first. But you can't know until you try the drugs and see what happens.
    A few days at term can mean all the difference in the world.
    What is your medical reason?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:42 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• She might not change. I was in labor for 3 days and on pitocin for 24 hours of it. I only got to 3cm and that was before the pitocin and my cervix did not thin at all. I did end up with a c-sec in fact i just had my third c-sec a wk ago they arent that bad. It is just more recovery bur not much else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm not sure how you feel about alternative medicine, but I went and had accupunture which I believe helped progress labor. I was supposed to be induced on a Friday, and I really didn't want Pictocin (I've had it before and my labor was very painful). A friend told me about accupuncture, so I thought I'd give it a try. I made an appointment and it was wonderful. 1 hour of relaxation at the office, about 24 hours later my water broke, and 3 hours later I had my baby. Obviously, every woman's body is different, but my accupuncture appointment was only $40 so it's worth a try!!! Best of luck to you and your baby!!
    4bridges

Answer by 4bridges at 2:58 PM on Jan. 14, 2009