how stupid am i?

okay so my daughter is almost fifteen months old. i keep all of the doors shut the bathroom door,my bedroom door,my daughters bedroom door. the only rooms she can be in are the kitchen her room and the living room sooo she was standing here in the living room watching tv and i saw her walk away i waited a few minutes she didn't come back so i went to her room no baby i went to the kitchen no baby. i couldnt find my baby. i walked into the living room and the little monkey had climbed up on the couch with her blanket and layed down. she used her bean bag chair to climb on the couch. have any of you done silly stuff like this and panicked? i mean i always know where she is and she is on the couch and i thought i lost her in my own home.

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This happened a few months ago. My son who is 3 has been known to wake up in the middle of the night and crawl into our bed or go downstairs to sleep on the couch or in the corner among my kids' big stuffed animals. I heard him get up and decided to see where he was because he wasn't in our bed. He also wasn't anywhere downstairs. Starting to panic, I went to search other rooms. I found him sound asleep.....in his sister's laundry basket!
    PnMMom

Answer by PnMMom at 10:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My husband did this before! We had the living room gated off and there was no way into another room. He was watching our daughter while I was at work and she was around 16 months old. Well, he fell asleep and then all of the sudden he sits up and can't find her. He's running around like a crazy person looking for her. Here, he found her lying BEHIND the couch sleeping!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Hehehe Jodi that has happened to me also with my boys. My daughter is 15 months today.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Well she is exploring. At least she is not tearing up the room. You know how some kids get.......
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• well i swear we are at home all the doors are shut the only room she can get into is hers and my heart stopped i could feel the blood draining from my body and here the little shit is laying on the couch.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• a few weeks ago,i woke up about 3:00am to go to the bathroom,my 2yr old son was in bed with us. he was gone. i looked in his room,the livingroom,kitchen,bathroom,even the girls room, nothing! i panicked,yelled to my bf,told him i couldn't find our son,he got out of bed looked all over too-nothing! we're both very panicky now! i went back into our room,and for some reason looked under our bed--there he was! he must have gotten hot and moved to the floor,then rolled under the bed,lol! this morning i found him curled up on the floor sleeping next to our dog!
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• When my middle son was about 9 months I couldn't find him, same thing, everything gated etc...
    I went throught the whole house, he was a climber so who knows, well I found him under a blanket on the floor in a little corner among all of his toys by our bookshelf.. Little booger never liked taking naps so he wore himself out and fell asleep.... Boy was I relieved,lol
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 9:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I've done almost the exact same thing about a month ago!! I couldn't find my LO anywhere. I looked in every room in the house and was almost in tears. He was sitting in front of the TV on his little couch watching Elmo!! I felt so dumb!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• mine is to young for that yet. But I remember one day my lil cousin climbed up into the top cupbord and was eating a box of cheerios witht the door shut. None of us knew where he was. We were all panicked thinking that he'd went out side or something cause he just learned how to open the door to go out side. Well, my mom opend the cupord and they both screamed! It was hilarious!!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 9:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Babies can do so much! I offered to run A shop for A Lady I never met! Its been almost 11 Years now! The Biggest Highlight was this..DH meets me there for lunch! He came out & found A Baby in only A Diaper Standing on 4 inches of Ice in Below Zero Weather.. Cold & with the Reddest Feet you ever Saw... Just so many Steps From A Train Yard! A Busy Train Yard.... Or the Busy Street!! DH found that Baby & knocked on A door to find the Boy's Mother Who didn't have A Clue! DH advised her of the Baby's Feet! She never said Thank you! I think she was in Shock! You never know! Babies can Be Fast & Clever...
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2009