Since having a child.

Do you get cramps anymore with your period? If you do is it less pain or more? I have had three children and I do not have cramps anymore but light back pain and only for the first day if I get it at all.

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Health

• I've not had a period since having a child, lol. My daughter is almost a year old and still no AF!!!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• After having my children, my periods got worse. Much more cramping that I'd been used to. I have an IUD now and it seems to be helping with the severe cramping - no more holing up in bed 2 days a month anymore.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My cramps are worse after having my son. They are not unbearable like a lot of women get but before I had like no cramps or discomfort.

Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Wow, thats great. I have had 4 kids and they have gotten worse. I did stop taking BC because my husband had a vasectomy and I really don't need it anymore. That has made it worse too. It doesnt last too long but I have 2 days of sheer agony. Cramps that tylenol won't kill. I have to take either Hydrocodone or a bunch of Aleve. I think I would rather take one narcotic than lots of aleve. Doc tells me that its common after having a bunch of kids.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• after i started having periods again, I had horrible cramps for the first 8-9 months and for the first 3 days, accompanied by HEAVY bleeding, but since I have lost like 48 pounds, no more cramps, and the "flow" seems to be lightening up some!
    Teena235

Answer by Teena235 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I did not get a period for 18 months and when they first came back, they seemed very heavy.  I never had cramps before having the baby, but after, I felt a stronger pressure and fullness on the first day, as though I'd eaten waaaay too much at a buffet or something, lol.  It's been about a year since I started again and I'm happy to say that every month they are getting a little bit more like they were before.  Halfway through the first day, I forget I'm even on my period.  It's almost back to just a few hours of tenderness in my lower back, slight pressure in the abdomen, and a full feeling.

FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 6:46 PM on Jan. 15, 2009