Okay... Pagan's worshiping Jesus question Revised...

To answer all your questions to me and to hopefully get what I need...
Yes, I am pagan. And I am a witch.
This woman DID tell my mother she was a witch, she was pagan and she loved Jesus.
My best guess is she is a Christo Pagan?!? Or a Christo Witch?!? I was really looking for some information. Or can anyone tell me where I could find real truthful information about Christo Paganism... The subject has NEVER made sense to me. But when I come to a religion I don't understand I do my best to change that... So that is what I am doing...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:11 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://www.christopagan.net/

http://www.northernway.org/cpinfo.html

http://www.geocities.com/nonesofaraway/NeochristianPagan.html

njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My aunt is one of those. Our family has *gifted* people in it and she strayed from Catholicism to paganism some years back. She says she believes in Jesus but also in other Gods as well. She says her main reason is insurance. If she is wrong about other gods then she knows she is saved. Sorry I cant be more help LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 9:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• There is no such thing as Christo Paganism. THe bible clearly states you cannot do both. You can tell yourself you are doing both, but I am very confident that God does not hear or acknowledge your practices.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• And once again Sis.Jackson... For NOT helping!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Sis ~ There is a such thing as Christo-paganism. Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Have you ever heard the thought, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

We have the right to believe any way we want. I hope you find the answers you're seeking, Sabrina!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Jesus himself studied many other religions before starting his ministry. And there is evidence that he took some of what he learned and incorporated it into his message. How can you claim Jesus to be GOD and not listen to what he told us? There is no right or wrong way to worship. GOD is GOD in all things.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• There is a belief in Christo-paganism BUT it is a contradiction in the Christian belief. How can you believe in Christ when he states that there is only one God not many. When he wiped off the face of the earth those who believed in other Gods. Now if you don't believe in Christ I can see how you could believe in other Gods or none at all which is your right and is ok by me. I just have trouble accepting someone twisting my God into fitting into a safety net for them "just in case" he's real. Sorry he doesn't work that way.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Maybe it does exist through human definition. Biblically it does not exist. I Corinthians 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lod, and the of devils (demons). Ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table and the of the table of devils (demons) This text was written because the church of Corinth was partking in Pagan Worship. Paul told them you cannot do both. You have to choose one.
    We are people of freewill I know this. Even Jesus said that he would have us either Hot or Cold. Rev 3:5
    You are either with him whole heartedly or not. God desires complete surrender unto him.
    Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all they heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 10:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• baconbits--I totally agree with you. I am sure the belief exists, but salvation is not insurance. You either believe with your whole heart or not at all. The two religions can't mesh together because they are at complete odds with one another. Although I applaud you for seeking to learn! :)
    NewMom2RAD

Answer by NewMom2RAD at 10:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2009