Dealing with Jealousy??

Ive recently become engaged, and it was the most romantic proposal( I waited 5 years, so it had better been great!lol) and now me and SO are walking around in our newly engaged bliss planning the wedding, which is in 10 months. He's already picked his best man, who was a great choice, but Im sensing some jealousy from his best mans wife. She wrote on her myspace how sick she was of hearing about IT and doesnt care about other peoples good news, I get the feeling that it was directed at me. Her proposal wasnt romantic,and they married 2 weeks later at the JOP. Which im assuming is what SHE wanted, so why all the hate towards me? Do you guys think I should keep basking in my glory and enjoy being newly engaged no matter who I'm around, or should I for her benefit cool and stop writing updates about everything on myspace? BTW, we've only been engaged 4 days, so its still kinda new...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• GLOAT away. Atleast for a few weeks then back up and let someone else have some glory. It's a big deal for you and CONGRATS!!!!
    jackieb1023

Answer by jackieb1023 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Chicks get on my nerves with this mess. I went through the samething but it was during the day of my wedding.
    I don't think you should have to wait to gloat about your happiness. So what. To bad she didn't have the fairytale engagement or wedding. You do you and if she's not happy about it then tell her to kiss your a$#

Take care. And yes keep being happy about it.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 9:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• dont worry about what other ppl are thinking enjoy every min. of ur engagement.
    congratz!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I woudnt worry about her. For all you know there are problems in her marriage and she is jealous of the relationship you have with your fiance. Some people are also just negative because they can be. Theres really no explanation sometimes. I know I was all about my wedding, things for it, venue, plans etc up til about a month before lol. Then I was just stressed out haha. Ignore her.

Answer by gemgem at 9:41 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Well, his best man seems to be over the moon for us, they work together, so they ride in the same work truck, and he comes home with him for lunch everyday, and he is always asking questions and making suggestions and just being really great. And a few times after he got off work he went home and got his wife and their son and came over here so he could talk to us about everything, and he brought some fliers for a caterer. (he shoulda been MOH.lol) so I get the feeling Im gonna be spending lots of time with his wife.... and I certainly dont want bad feelings or ill will. Should I try to make her feel more included? I just dont know how, she's not part of the bridal party, because I've only met her a few times.... ugh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Congradulations, On your engagement.Hope you have a good and long marriage.

Five years is a long time to wait for a guy to ask you to marry him. Did you purposely not want to marry sooner? That might be her probem with you.

But you go ahead, Bask in your glory. You finally snared him. Now you just need to put the ball and chain on him.

Answer by louise2 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• we wanted to wait until we could (along with my parents) afford the rings and wedding of our dreams without going into debt. Im only 20 as well, and he is 22. So we are still young. I knew it was coming, but I thought he'd propose after income taxes, but he wanted to do it on our 5th anniversary.Someone also told us once, that if you can date for 5 years, then you can make it through anything. Well, we've lived together for 3 years, took custody of 1 child from a family member, and had our own biological child, so we've been through hell and back together and made it (but not without scars). We just waited to be sure that we would make it before we got married, and not rush into anything. lol. like kids.jk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Been there and I know how you feel. I had a huge bridal party and there was one girl that was so so jealous. It was just so over the top. It was the best man's wife.Total basket case the whole time of my wedding day. Cried and acted so silly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Forget the best man's wife. Enjoy your newly engaged news. Update on myspace how happy you are and you cant wait for the wedding. Say things like my man is the best ever. It was the most wonderful proposal I have dreamt of. I love my i love my life. LOL Im cruel oh well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Don't worry about the other lady. it's your moment be happy gloat all you want . this only happens once in your life!! (most of the time lol) .and congrats and just continue to be happy.

momof4ninos

Answer by momof4ninos at 11:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2009