I clean All day..and you can't even tell.. My husband thinks i don't do anything all day while he is working..As soon as I pick something up the toddlers are right behind me ,throwing it out..Anyone else have a messy house..or know how to keep it clean?

emturner

Asked by emturner at 7:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get rid of a lot of toys, or at least put them into bins. Let the kids get out a box of cars, then put it away before getting out the crayons.

Some moms I know rotate their toys, which I think sounds great, though I've never tried it.

As for toddlers not picking up after themselves, it took me a lot of time, but I just have them do it (not me) and help them, walking with them to the toy's "home" be it the toybox or bookshelf.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I feel your pain. Our living room stays clean through nap time. Then back to the way it was. I keep a check list of the things I did and tell him SEE what I did to day then point to my son and say see what he did! He understands thought that the house will never look 100% while our son is still a baby. Or in the house for that matter.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Oh Lord... if I only knew! lol... My husband thinks the same thing. My house is a disaster. And I too spend all day cleaning. I walk through my house, which isn't so big, and theres clothes and toys and shit every where! I don't have a problem washing laundry, its the putting it away that I get hung up on...

Soooo.... your not the only one who feels like your live in a neverending nightmare! :}
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 8:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• well, that was what used to go on in my house.....daddy would come home from work and complain of the nothing i supposedly did all day. but now that im back at work and he stays with our daughter a good portion of the time, he understands that just because you put it up, doesnt mean it'll stay that way. needless to say, my days off, when he comes home, he doesnt say that anymore. the only way men understand anything is if they see/go through it themselves, and mine is! i feel ya though!!! lol
    KotaBug

Answer by KotaBug at 8:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• From the time I get up till the time I go to bed, i am constantly picking things up and cleaning. But you can never tell. The kids drag it out quicker than I can pick it up. I feel your pain lol!!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I have 4 children and my youngest is a 4 year old. I am always saying that I have a little tornado coming behind me, when I clean 1 room, he has messed 2 behind me.
    LimeGreenLady

Answer by LimeGreenLady at 10:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I'm right there with you! Anymore, I usually don't worry about picking up his toys until it's bedtime... I just can't seem to pick things up as fast as he takes them out! :)
    JoeMama

Answer by JoeMama at 12:32 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i have a theory, my kids arent going to little forever and lets face it housework is never ending .i clean, but i would rather interact with my kids and not stress about something simple as housework.but anyways i think being organized helps.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Yes! My son took his entire toybox out of his room and dumped it all over the living room floor. When I had finally cleaned that up he had gotten the mail and scattered that everywhere! I am pregnant with my second due in September so it is getting hard for me to bend over and pick up every little toy. It seems for every toy I pick up he has pulled out 5 more. I try to make it a game to pick up his toys. I will get a box and toss in a toy and say YAY!! Then he starts to copy me and tosses toys in the box. This works sometimes when he doesn't decide it is more fun to dump the box back out.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 5:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i do have a messy house. it will pass. try keeping a basket in every room of hte hosue and go through right before he gets home and chunk all mess in the baskets. then deposit the baskets in the bedrooms.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2008