At what age did you daughter/son start picking up there food w/hands and eatting it?

My daughter is 7 months...and when I give her finger foods...I try to have to pick it up with her own hands...but she still doesn't want too.

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 months.

We had to show them at first...modeling for them and guiding their hands. It didn't take them long to get the hang of it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:54 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• haha too funny my daughter did the same thing! If i would hold it a little from her mouth she wouldnt try to take it from me she would grab my hand and shove it in her mouth! the one day while in her high chair i gave her some of the puff things on her tray and just kind of sat there doing my own thing and she wanted them really bad so she picked them up and ate them! Now shes not that great at it she like to grab handfuls and try to put them all in her mouth but she can normally only get one in! Try to just let her sit there with it and watch what she does. She will get it soon!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 9:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• immediately.
    my son is 7 months old and we started slowly introducing solids, by way of finger foods, a month ago.
    it's okay for her to not be interested. solids are really just for tasting and testing at this point, not for nutrition.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son is 7 months and still refuses to pick it up he will grab my hand and shove it to his face. The only self feeding he does is if i put the teething biscuit in his hand.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 11:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son started picking up finger foods at 4 1/2 or 5 months old.
    vpsmama

Answer by vpsmama at 2:38 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• 6 months she would grab- 7-8 she understood hand to mouth.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 11:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2009