Adoption?

Is the process of adoption hard? Does it take a lot? How hard is it to adopt a child? Or A foster parent?

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2012 in Adoption

• bump!
    mamide02ninas

Answer by mamide02ninas at 8:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2012

• It's grueling
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2012

• It is a roller coaster, you will hit the highest highs when you are matched, and hit the lowest lows when it fall thru, extremely stressful... Much easier to have your own children if possible... Not for the faint of heart, but once you finally have your child, it is worth every heartache, all of the stress, everything and so much more!
    TiffyTaffyApple

Answer by TiffyTaffyApple at 12:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2012

• Adoption is not easy, however I knew in my heart this was something that meant more than anything in the world to me. So, after years of heartache, tears, and many prayers....we were blessed by adoption. The journey was one filled with lots of emotions and in the end being mommy and being able to love a child as my own has filled my heart more than words can ever say !! Our adoption was private and we are blessed in that our son's birth mom continues to be a part of our lives. It is all in what you feel is right in your heart...and I knew without a doubt adoption was something that I felt strongly within my heart....
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2012

• Wondering why I got a thumbs down? I was being honest and anyone who thinks differently can voice their opinion, everyones adoption journey is different and anyone considering adoption should be aware of it!
    TiffyTaffyApple

Answer by TiffyTaffyApple at 12:48 PM on Jan. 14, 2012

• I am a foster mom and a foster to adopt mom. Everything you've been told so far is true. It can take about 9 months to a few years to adopt depending on the situation. There is a mountain and a half of paperwork, the people involved are intrusive (for good reason) and there are no promises for a certain outcome. I do not regret one moment of any of it that.

To be a foster mom you have to have a different mind set. You might be put in a position to help a mother (family) and child reunite. You'd be called upon to nurture a child and someday say goodbye. It is hard and selfless. After decisions are made for my current foster child, I will not foster another. I love working with a mom and her child, but I am not cut out to say good bye. I hope to find another way to work with birthmothers and their children when this is all said and done. We will see.
    adopteekjt

Answer by adopteekjt at 7:29 PM on Jan. 14, 2012

• To foster you go through your county's DCFS agency. There are classes you must attend and you must have an adoption home study which is pretty extensive. The adoption part depends on how you find the child/baby. My husband and I were truly blessed when we met the BM of our DS. She happened to know someone who knew someone who knew us and she was far along in her pregnancy and could not keep the baby. Even with that it was stressful. BUT 150% worth it now. Good luck. Feel free to send me a message if you need someone to talk to or some support.
    mom2baq

Answer by mom2baq at 7:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2012