How can I get my almost 11month old to sleep all through the night

My baby girl wakes up twice a night now to eat. ( if i just give her a pacifier she will cry. If i just let her cry she will literally cry for hours !!) I have been decreasing the amout of formula I give her to 2oz every time and plan to go to 1oz in a week or 2. But Ive tried this before and only worked for a month or 2 and it started back up. She is eating plenly of formula a day and has a 4oz bottle before bed. Its kinda driving me insane cuz or her crying. Any suggestions would help !!! thanks

NicoleCoderre

Asked by NicoleCoderre at 9:37 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would maybe tr to give her some cereal at night. And 4oz at 11months isnt a lot. My 8 month old gets 8oz atleast sometimes more. She doesnt wake through the night, and hasnt since about 2 months! But here is what i recommend. I know it sounds mean but think about it. let her cy. If she knows you are going to get up she will continue to cry every night. If you would cry and someone got up to feed you or whatever wouldnt you keep waking up? i know i would LOL! so she may cry for what seems like forever but she will eventually realize "mommy isnt getting up so i guess theres no use anymore". I know it kills you to hear her cry it kills every mom, but if she knows you are getting up with her she will keep doing it! Good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 9:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• What about food? What food is she eating? At 11 months she might need more during the day.

Other than that...if she's eating, she's hungry...she should be fed.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• she may not be getting enough food before bed my 3 month old eats a 8 oz bottle with cereal before bed .but if your giving her all she wants to drink before bed maybe try feeding her some food before bed .some friends of mine had this problem and that seem to work.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 9:55 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son is going to be 11 months tomorrow and he has an 8 oz bottle every night before bed. Although he has been sleeping through the night since he was a week old. I would suggest to increase her intake before bed and possibly add cereal as well and that should help her sleep through the night
    Jessica1983

Answer by Jessica1983 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My babe is small for her age- 10 months, and started waking in the night (she was sleeping through the night at 3 months) at around 8 months.. We feed her a 6-8 ounce bottle, and off back to bed she goes. We dont mind at the moment because she's been eating more and visibly has gained some body weight. It depends on your childs needs. Offer more table foods during the day, that may help.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 10:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• UPDATE: well ok i do feed her, probably more then enough during the day. she goes to bed quite early so. I did start increasing her bottle before bedtime, but now she gets up at 430am and expects something cuz she hasnt eaten since 630 the night before.her hours of sleep are 630-830 bedtime and 630/730 wake up so i feel inorder to keep her sleeping until at least 730 i have to feed her between the night....
    NicoleCoderre

Answer by NicoleCoderre at 9:05 AM on Jan. 16, 2009