Do they say this all the time by You?

Instead of thanking you at any business or Restaurant they say to you Have A Good one..... A Good What.. I want to say.....? Is this popular by you too?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:49 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've heard that before, Doesn't mean much does it? But at least it's not negative. You could ask them if you could have a good two instead, just to throw them off.

on vacation

cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 9:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yep that is Southern ppl for ya. Have a good un'.... or have a Good one. Meaning for all you outsiders....Have a Good Day! It is very commonly spoke around KY, Tn, and VA areas.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I am from Va. and I hear this almost every day. but I dont say it. lol
    i think they mean have a good day.
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 9:57 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It does sound funny!! Im from Alabama & I hear it at least 5 times a day!! lol
    I take it to mean - Have a good day, evening, night, etc.
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• It's a southern way of saying have a good day. I'm sure you have some weird way of saying something. They are just being polite. Don't be rude. The south is known for it's hospitality, accept it. Don't seem like your uptight or unfriendly.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 10:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I hear and say it all the time in southern Louisiana... it's just understood as have a good whatever. Leaving on a trip? Have a good one means have a good trip...leaving for a day at work, it means have a good day at work... if it's just a general 'have a good one' it means have a good day! :D
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 10:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yes, it's definitely a southern thing. I'm in Woodstock, Virginia and it's common to hear it here daily. Just like when I was in New York visiting many years ago, they told me "Youn's have some goodn's" or something to that effect. I guess it depends on where you're at.
    frenchtoile

Answer by frenchtoile at 10:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Yeah...I live in michigan and here instead of saying "You're Welcome" when you think them, they say "You bet!" The first time someone said that to me in store after I moved here, I went out fuming to my husband about how rude the cashier was...then I figured out they do that here. I dont get it. I dont do it and my children better never. I think it is so rude. Whats so hard about saying You're Welcome?
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 10:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Not necessarily a Southern thing. Im from the east coast, lived here my whole life, and I say have a good one. Or, have a beautiful day :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:33 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i hear it once in awhile in chicago, it seems like its a guy thing up here though.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2009