Let me know if this has happened to you ???? Baby skin concerns

My Baby is almost 10 month old. Since he was about 3 months old his having some problems with his skin. He has two little red spots in his cheeks, I asked the pediatrician and he told me, it was because of the dry weather. He advised me to use hydrocortizone. It improved a little, but has never gone away. I also read on the imternet that vaseline can help to prevent this. I used to live in CA, when it was alittle dry, but I just moved to FL a month ago. I though the condition will improve with the humidity in here, but nothing so far. Please any advise, what else can I use???

Jessiemn

Asked by Jessiemn at 7:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use eucerin calming cream ... It works well if you apply it 1-3 times daily.. Good luck!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My daughter is just starting to get red spots and I wash her in johnson's cocoa butter body wash and use the johnson's cocoa butter lotion on her and it seems to make the red spots to go away. I think hers though is more from starting table foods and its a little reaction for the change... I'm asking her dr when we go to her check up at the end of the month.
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 8:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Call the doc's office and ask what the diagnosis was. If it was ringworm, you have to apply the hydrocortisone for a while to make sure it (a fungus) does not return.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Aquaphor eczema cream it will work perfectly.
    vmommy3

Answer by vmommy3 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• rosacea? ask the doc. thats a ruddy look that never really goes away. dont just put anything on it. your pedia should give you a straight answer and tell you what to do to get it to go away. also, try a different wash, as it could be a skin allergy. worth a shot!
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 11:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2008