Allergic to formula?

I think my son got a rash from his Infamil formula. Did your child have this reaction and what other formula would you recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if there's a rash and you suspect the formula was/is the cause then you should check with your baby's doctor.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• rash where? face?neck?body?
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Well my daughter was allergic to her formula " similac advance." But she had really bad diarrhea, so the doctor told me to switch too two different one... either one didn't work so she's put her on Similac Alimentum and it worked when i gave her the first bottle of it...so maybe ask your son's doctor about it....because it's for allergies and all that kind of stuff.
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Both my boys had problems to... I changed them to the "parent choice" from wal-mart and they did great.. An i have bubble kids so i had to find one that worked FAST...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Like pp my son too is on imilac Alimentum. For some reason he was allergic to something in the enfamil brand. I had that with my oldest as well. We have never had a problem with the Alimentum at all. My suggestion would be to try a reg similac formula and if that still does not work go for the Alimentum, but ofcourse ask your doctor.
    Jessica1983

Answer by Jessica1983 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You need to call your doctor. An allergic reaction to formula is unusual, but it does happen and the doctor needs to know about it.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• u need to tell the pediatrician. u should never switch formulas without asking the dr first. could there be outside factors like laundry detergent causing the rash?
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 14, 2009