shedule??

When did you start a routine with your baby?? we are nine weeks old now and i am wondering if i should be working one in?? Bed time is the only thing that is always the same right now, i pretty much take cues from him the rest of the day.

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started a full schedual when i went back to work... We still use it and he is 1yr old now... But once you start you dont want to stop... Its hard to change after they are programed...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I would start now. I started with my son at 5 weeks and now at 7 months he knows what is coming next. Like the PP stay consistent, changing things up only confuses them.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 10:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My baby had to be taken to NICU and from day one we started on a scehdule of every 3 hours. my milk dropped right at 3 hours so I knew it was time. When we got home and weeks later when he was eating more and lasting longer it grew to four hours and so on. He is on formula now and his schedule is a little different. But because his bedtime routine has always been the same: bath, bottle, sleep. I have no problem getting him to sleep at night.
    A friend of mine didn't start her little on on a schedule and now her baby eats just a few little oz every 30 min to an hour. Thankfully she is a stay at home mom and can deal with it. Che can only get things done when her dd finally settles down for a nap. which is about 2 short ones in one day. Also my ds has been sleeping all night since 2 months. My friend's dd is still waking up in the night. So babies know schedules. the PP are right about the STAY CONSISTENT!!
    MommaLovesJacob

Answer by MommaLovesJacob at 11:20 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I started at week 2. it was a eat/wake/sleep cycle generally around 3 hours sometimes less sometimes more (depending on if the baby was hungry earlier or later). My dd was sleeping through the night at 8 weeks and still at 4 months takes 4 hour and a half naps a day.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2009