If you watched American Idol, what did you think about the gal in the bikini?

As she walked out a comment was made from one of the judges about how she could not sing. So why put her through? When did this turn into a "beauty contest"? I thought it was singing talent. Am I confused?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Entertainment

• I thought she was a pretty good singer and that new lady judge was jealous of her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yea I am to. But that is just like guys to put a skinny girl in a bikini through even though she cant sing. LOL. And man her attitude. WOW.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• yes she couldn't sing imo either...but they also put that other chick through because they felt sorry for her (the one that started crying). Hell, I did , too lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• not to worry, she wont make it far! LOL
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I didn't see her whole audition...but she sure did capture the attention for her "outfit" and her statement about feeling overdressed.

Personally I think she's a joke. Anyone who has to go to those measures to accomplish their goals is lacking in self esteem. She could have gotten through and maintained a completely different reputation from millions of Americans. Instead I think she's scank-a-licious and someone to mock.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I think she had a decent voice, and if she gets to stay the coaches she'll get to work with could really pull it out of her. The judges didn't really tell her she couldn't sing. They told her she chose a song that's too big for her...which was true. They've put a lot of people through based on potential over the years. Some fail, a few have gone on to really big things. Look at the little blonde chick that had never sung with live musicians before going to Hollywood. Now she's a huge country star...the one who's mom abandon her(can't remember her name). She got through the first few weeks because Simon liked her. Not because of her performances. By the time it got to audience vote Simon had the country in love with her. By the time she was voted off she was an amazing talent.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• She had an ok voice, but I think they put her through so they would have someone to cut later. She is using her body to try to get ahead. Just for that reason if she is still there when it is time for us to vote, I will purposely vote for everyone else. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• That would be Kelly Pickler.^^^^
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• She was ok, but if she continues with that attitude she's not going to make it far. People are not going to want to work with her to better her voice.
    Glori488

Answer by Glori488 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• She had an attitude...and the way she dissed the one judge..stupid move..I highly doubt she will make it past the hollywood week..she had an ok voice, should not have did the song she did..but her attitude was just nasty...
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 11:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2009