• In the Spotlight:

Doea anyones newborn shake?

My one month old has been shaking her legs really bad since day one. When I asked the nurse she said it was just because new babies have weak nervous systems, that it takes a while for them to get strong. That was when she was a week old now she's a month and she still does it. My 4-year-old never did it so I am getting concerned.

bellasmommy09

Asked by bellasmommy09 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I thought my daughter had a nervous tick when she was about 2-4 months old- she would randomly kick her one leg- it freaked me out for a bit, she grew out of it though.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 11:23 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Mine does. They told me the same thing. Her whole body shakes and her eyes roll. My other to didnt do it either. And they re 2 and 1 so it wasnt that long ago they were babies. She is a wk old and she does it at least a few times a day.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My nephew does this on a regular basis until he was at least 2 months.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 12:02 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my daughter is 9 months old and since day one her right leg would shake or spasm. her leg really only shakes now when she wakes up in the morning
    izzismom08

Answer by izzismom08 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 14, 2009