i want to know what you can do about a mouthy 12 girl and you try everything and it still doe not work you teach her to b respectful and all but she still does it

she very hateful at times and very out spoken

sandramcright1

Asked by sandramcright1 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• send her to boot camp lol i have a fourteen year old son like that and i am at my wits end. i would love to call maury and send him to boot camp
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i would amak her mouth everytime she gets smart with you .you have to show her that you are not gonn atake that stuff from her and kinda make her afarioad of you .shoot i would never get smart with my mom i was scared to ...good luck i hope she gets better b4 it gets worst
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have a 16y o like that since she was I forgot how long the teen years last forever it seems!! Mine is the youngest of three and will tolerate with nasty body language and roll of eyes what I tell her to do but she will not tolerate being told what to do from her siblings without one hell of a fight!! Her discipline is on a step ladder. Once she's intolerable not doing chore or words or attitude then she's punished in x way for x long. Another infraction during that period brings another removal of a highly valued item or outing. When I keep this up and I forget alot having a full household, she gets better. If I forget amost impossible to tame her.Thank God no drugs or sex.Yet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Since she is only 12 if you don't get this under control now you are going to regret it. Is this behavior a recent change in her? If so have their been major life events happening that she might need help adjusting to. Has she started hanging out with new friends she might be trying to impress them that she is "cool".
    Now to deal with the behavior I would suggest sitting down with her and clearing laying out what the "house" rules are and what the consequences will be for not living up to them. Since most12 yr old girls thrive on being social i suggest that those be the privileges she loses first (cell phone, online time, phone, time with friends). But when she does start showing you the respect you deserve as her mother compliment her on it. The whole catching them being good still works at this age and pointing out positive and not just negative lets them fell like your not just picking on them.
    xmasbaby73

Answer by xmasbaby73 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2009