child custody issues

what are my rights? i had a child and got back together with an exboyfriend who became later my husband. I was 23 at the time, and now I feel foolish for being kind to him. He knew my son wasn't his, but still wanted to there. I aplaud him. We made ua a agreement that our son would stay mon-thurs with him and fri-sun with me , as to school when he got older. I have no family where I live until I remarried and have two more children. My ex always lived with mom and family and he still does. He wants to say that I abandoned my child to get custody. This isn't true, i had to work to pay my bills and I lived entirely by myself in a apartment. I picked up my son when it wouldn't distrupt anything for the child.

gabby5837

Asked by gabby5837 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• abandonment usually takes two years so if you have proof that you visited him in those years then he can't say abandoned him but the custody agreement can still be altered.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• That's not abandonment. The roles were just reversed from the norm.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Where were your other 2 children? If they were with you he may have a case. Not for abandonment but he most likely will get full custody. Which technically he already has.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Do you see your child? if so it is not abandonment.. Now for the custody issue that might be a little harder for you seem he does basically live with his dad.
    jackieb1023

Answer by jackieb1023 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• if you had him every weekend then he cant claim abondment
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 4:45 PM on Jan. 14, 2009