Has anyone done the Atkins diet?

Just curious. Did you have good results and if so how long did it take to get there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My whole family went on the atkins diet when it first came out. You STINK to high heaven after you've been on the diet a few weeks. WE lost weight, but we couldn't STAND being stinky all the time.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• YES, I HAVE BACK WHEN I WASN'T A VEGETARIAN AND HAD MY FIRST TWO PREGNANCIES. I GAINED 50 POUNDS WITH EACH. THE DIET WORKS QUICKLY THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS IF YOU CHEAT IS LIKE STARTING FROM DAY ONE.

THIS DIET IS A GOOD ONE FOR QUICK WEIGHT LOSS, AND IT BURNS FAT LIKE CRAZY, BUT IT IS NOT BE DONE FOR A LONG TERM. IT TOOK ME LESS THAN 6 MONTHS TO TAKE IT ALL OFF. THE DIET COMBINED WITH EXCERCISE WORKS WONDERFULLY.

Answer by older at 11:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• 4 years ago i did and it sucked. i felt light headed and weak. IMo its dangerous and unhealthy. you do need carbs. I have lost 6 lbs since last week working out twice a day and eating 1200 cals (no pork, beef, or sugar)and drinking only water. I feel great and I'm not weak!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my advice: check out the pritikin diet. much, much healthier. check out this info at web md:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/pritikin-principle-what-it-is

hope it helps!
    ChristinaJCook

Answer by ChristinaJCook at 12:35 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I did about 5 years ago and lost weight easily. I lost 50 lbs in 3 months.
    Then I got pregnant and just went downhill. I didnt gain all the weight back until I started eating junk food and stuff like that. I am actually back on it now :)
    brfischer79

Answer by brfischer79 at 12:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009