what should my baby doing at two months?

ilovekimarri

Asked by ilovekimarri at 11:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• go get the book what to expect the first year it is great and it lays out for each month. what you child should be do may be doing and might even be doing it was a great help to me.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:14 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• sleeping eating pooping smiling

Frogger33

Answer by Frogger33 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Doing what he's doing right now.
    Books are great and by all means read them, but all babies are different.
    My ds who is almost 3 months has been saying Mama and is doing some same things that my friends's dd who is little over 4 months is doing.
    MommaLovesJacob

Answer by MommaLovesJacob at 11:24 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Not a whole heck of a lot.
    The charts at Babycenter.com are the best I've seen. They list what a few babies this age may have mastered already, what most babies this age are working on right now, and what a few babies this age may be trying to learn.
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-1-to-6-months_1496585.bc

Above all, do NOT stress over these charts. Babies may master things early or late - both are normal. There is no way to tell if your child is "gifted" until age 5 or later. Use these charts to see what is coming up next in your babies life and to spot problems. Do NOT use them to brag or compare kids.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My little girl is about 2 months old, and she smiles, and giggles some. Sleeps less than before, and stays up about 6-8 hours per day in random increments of course. She has learned that she has a voice, and Lord does she ever use it! She coos alot, and loves to grab at her toys when we lay her down in front of them, or put her under her Monkey Gym. She tries so hard to crawl, but she is only scooting on her stomach a about a foot each time, and then she gets tired.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 2:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• She is also holding her head up on her own, which is great for carrying her around now, we only have to use one hand. She follows voices, and shapes, and can also recognize faces. But like kaycee said, don't compare. I never compare Kinley with my friends children, who are all about the same age, I just figure she'll go at her own pace, and thats fine with me! I just thought it would be easier if someone with the same age child ggave examples of what an actual baby was doing now. I hope my answer is helpful to you!
    wishwish