Is there such thing as an unbiased source?

We all complain that you get your info from here and that I get my info from here. But honestly, is there such a thing as an unbiased source.

Fiveofakind2

Asked by Fiveofakind2 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Unbiased? No Factual? Yes

The problem is that everyone has an opinion. You just have to look around the opinion to find the facts.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 1:55 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• I don't know if that is possible. I think that I can be but I still lean more to one side then another. Like Vaccinations. I only do it cause where we live. If I didn't live where I do I would probably be more in the middle about my stance on that.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 11:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Jesus is the only unbiased source. Find him, find happiness.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 11:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Nope. Everyone has an opinion and no matter what they do that opinion is going to color how they put out information.

There are two sides to every story, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It's just as true, if not more so, for information sources. They all have an agenda, and are going to present things in a way that best supports their goals.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• And that is why one day I want to be Aub.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Nope.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Everyone has an agenda.
    peanutsmom323

Answer by peanutsmom323 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I don't think so.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Completely unbiased? No but I do think there are more reasonable media outlets. Most if the MSM does have some bias but it is usually only a little skewed. However there are some non-mainstream sites that are so far one way they are practically falling off the curve. If someone posts a source like FOX or ABC I am more likely to accept it than if they use World Net Daily or MoveOn. KWIM?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• If the sources were totally unbiased, the call of the wild will still be "your source is biased".
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2009