I am a stay at home mom. I want to work out of my home doing legitimate secretarial work, bookkeeping, data entry. Everything I seem to find on the internet are scams. What companies are legit. Anyone else out there doing this same type of work for home and making any money?

Looking for legitimate secretarial work, bookkeeping work, data entry work. Is there anyother moms out there that are doing this type of work from home. Company names or website would be appreciated.

ksmjrm

Asked by ksmjrm at 11:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are good deal of work at home jobs available. Majority of data entry jobs are scam, so don't waste your time. Your best chance of finding work at home jobs are in those areas where you have some work exp or related education. You can also apply for home based customer care representative. www.workathomedesk.com is real nice work at home resource website, They have compiled a long list of legit work at home companies in their "work at home directory" section and post latest work at home jobs in their "work at home leads" section daily.
    Vickykool

Answer by Vickykool at 11:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Be careful in your search, don't pay for a list or any of that other BS. I work for a few companies. You can PM me or go to http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome to read my reviews

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Hey Hun! I work at home for Ameriplan®. Feel free to come to my page and get more information. Ameriplan® is a 16-year-old Debt Free company. You get Benefits, daily pay, 401k option, and a lot more. Its a lot of fun. I love it. Its not for everyone though, so come check it out. You can call me if you have any questions at all!

Home Office: 913-884-7792

You can also read my WAH story/journey here:
    http://www.freedomathometeam.com/ehestand/about

Hope you find something you are looking for! Do be very careful in your search. Let me know if you need anything. I've tried a lot of WAH options so I know some about what works and what doesn't.

Talk to you soon!

~Emily~
    mammaemily

Answer by mammaemily at 12:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I am a SAHM and also a tastefully simple consultant and love it!!! Im never worried about losing my "job" because it is food, and everyone needs to eat. PM me if you want more info it's free to join in the month of January!!
    sammiemommy

Answer by sammiemommy at 12:49 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I work from home, but not in the field you mention:
    A very good site is www.wahm.com check the message boards.

Virtual assisting could be a very good idea for you.

Best wishes, being a work from home mom....I would not trade it for the world!
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 1:16 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Are all of you serious about being able to work from home? Is it all full-time? Is it flexible hours like I'd think it would be?

There's an awful lot of information to siphon through on those websites you listed. Any good specific advice on where to apply? Which websites or companies to avoid? Thanks in advance for any knowledge you might share.
    phyrebrand

Answer by phyrebrand at 3:59 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Don't work for someone. Be your own consultant. Advertise your services in the paper, flyers in stores, etc. Make business cards, pass them out to friends who might need help with any of those things, or know someone who would.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:18 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• StuckAtHomeMom.com is a Legitimate website with Legitimate jobs at home. There are data entry jobs, customer service jobs, sales jobs, jobs taking reservations for places like Disney. Also REAL paid survey sites and REAL mystery shopper jobs. I was on the evening news because I promote ONLY LEGITIMATE work at home jobs. They cost NOTHING to start and NOTHING to work there. You get paid and you NEVER pay them.

Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:42 AM on Jan. 15, 2009

• If you are looking for a work at home JOB, I have several resources for freelance work and telecommuting jobs listed here:

http://www.workfromhomeontheinternet.com/freelance_work_telecommute_jobs

Be sure to review the ENTIRE page.  Hope you find this information helpful...

nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Hello I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi! My name is Aggie I live in NY and I am a proud WAHM with Ameriplan! I saw you were looking for Work at Home and would love to help! If you’ve just started your search be wary of WAH SCAMS! You can check out a list of WAH SCAMS on my homepage, which is Maggie994. You’ll also find a list of legitimate work at home job listings and resources. You can go to my homepage and research, ask questions, etc. Let me know if you have any questions or need help on your search! We look forward to helping you on your search!!! Good Luck and it is really great to meet you! Have a blessed day!

~ Aggie

www.OurHomeBizPays.com

maggie994

Answer by maggie994 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2009