My heart is breaking for my dog. Please help.

Please help, my heart is breaking for my dog. I have a one in a half year old Morkie(Maltese, Yorkie mix). I bought her when she was 8 weeks old. She is trained to use piddle pads. About 3 months ago she started peeing on my carpet. I have tried to re-train her to her pads, she will go to her pads but pees at least once a day on my carpet. I have a 9 month old who is crawling. I clean the spots and have even taken a wet vac over my carpet. My dog does not have a UTI. I need some help.

passionmom119

Asked by passionmom119 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Pets

• You should have trained her to go to the bathroom outside. I think it is stupid that people use piddle pads. Dogs should be going to outside to potty, they shouldn't have to pee on pads. If you would have trained her to go outside in the first place, you wouldn't be having the problems you are now.
    She will probably continue to pee on your carpets, becasue she is used to going in the house.
    Good luck with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Crate train. At night put her in a crate and during the day take her outside constantly to teach her that is where you are supposed to pee. Potty training a dog takes a lot of time it is like a second child. If shes pees on the carpet put her in her crate.
    KiaiMomma

Answer by KiaiMomma at 11:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ohhh is the dog too much with the baby? It's kind of hard to have such a young baby and a young dog too. Any way maybe to give dog more time with you before you give time to baby? Feed dog earlier, let him outside eaerlier than you've been? Play more often with dog? It's kind of like you have twins!!! How come at 1 and a half years old dog isn't peing outside or maybe the pads are for accidents inside? Maybe the dog thinks since the pads are there and it's not in and out often that it's supposed to or ok to pee inside? When I trained my kids and man was that hard finally I left a portapotty in the playroom w/us and we stayed in there hours for days w/child naked, they trained! Maybe dog needs days of as soon as pee rush out.Do you have a fenced in yard?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• For the silly person who said pee pads don't work. I have a poodle who uses a pee pad all the time and has NEVER went on my carpet. You can train animals to use pee pads. The outside is for he birds. I don't like to send my 5lb dogs outside in weather below zero to pee. I clean the pads up six times a day. My dogs go everywhere with us. My poodle and Morkie get lots of attention from my family. I don't have a fenced yard. I will walk them on a leash when the weather is good. You have a bad attitude lady!
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I am crate training her again. She did great the first 9 months or so. The vet said it could be behavior. The vet said I could try medication for her, but I don't want to put my dog on medicine.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I leave food out all day for both my dogs. They eat as they please. They never over eat. I don't have a fenced yard. A fence is next on our list. Thanks for your response : )
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• as far as peeing outside that should of been where we was trained to go but it's not true that they won't go pee back in the house. our dogs are almost 2 and they go outside to go potty but lately i have found that one of the dogs is peeing in our daughters room or right at the top of the stairs. i think once they start to pee inside and the smell is there they will continue to pee there. i would just watch her more closely and make sure that you are putting on the pee pads more. does sounds like she is feeling neglected. also glad to hear you have a poodle. i love poodles but the standard ones.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I pad trained two poms my mom trained one poddle and it workedout great. Tell me do you also believe everyone should have a fencd in yard or do you just believe it's ok to let your dog do their business in someone else's yard since you might be too lazy to clean it up. Well my opinion is that you probably should just let your dog potty on your floor because if your to lazy to train him or her to a pad then I figure your too lazy to clean your house. For the lady with th little dog you must be a very compasionate person to have trained two dogs and I know for a fact sometimes this will happen but don't worry about the peole who have nothing better to do then be critical because they are probably angry about something in their life and need to vent. Maybe they should go to school and learn how dogs are really trained and they could give the correct advise.
    tinabug314

Answer by tinabug314 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Crate train her at night and when you are gone. And at night take up the water at like 8:00 or so. Sometimes they just get spoiled. My dauchsund has been trained for years, and then onenight, he started wanting to potty in the house instead of waking me up.So he had to start sleeping in his crate at night. He hates that. After 2 nights, i tried letting him stay out and he hasn't pottied in the house sence. They can be just like kids and try to get away with pressign your buttons. Also, if you catch her going tee tee, crab her and show her the pile and swat her butt. Not hard. Just the tone of your voice and the fact that you are spanking them usually intimidates them and they mind better.
    Anonymous

• The dog may be peeing in the floor for attention, like he's jealous of the baby. I had a cat that did that. Like some of the other moms said, use the crate. It works great. Good luck.
    TammyG.

Answer by TammyG. at 3:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009