What party favors do kids love?

I'm hosting a party for kids that will range in age from 1-10, boys and girls. Yes, it's a huge range, but it's what I've got. I'm wondering what is the latest craze for elementary age kids. What kinds of things would they love to get as a party favor. Do they like stickers, pencils, small toys like cars or dinosaurs, bounce balls? I'm petrified that the kids will take one look at what they get and toss it aside. That would break my heart. I really want them to be thrilled.

Have you had any luck with party favors that your kids went crazy over?

FLLmom

Asked by FLLmom at 11:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Bubbles!! I just did a party for my son (3) and we had boys and girls up to age 12 there...they all loved the bubbles.
    danalou

Answer by danalou at 12:19 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i had my sons b-day last month and had kids from the age of 2 to 12 and i bought candy little toys slinkys stickers and so on and all of them loved them
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• candy necklaces.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:31 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I think those little sunglasses are really cute. And it makes for cute pictures! Bubbles and slinkies are a good idea, too.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Ah, yes, bubbles. How could I forget bubbles? I loved those as a kid too. Thanks for all the ideas. We're going to give out candy in addition to the favors, so we've got that area covered.

Keep the great ideas coming!
    FLLmom

Answer by FLLmom at 1:43 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Bubbles are great, I agree.
    We have a party store here in town where they sell small items for party favors for kids.
    We have bought tops that light up as they spin, a small container of crayons, stickers, slinkies, and yes, bubbles....lol.
    I think for the really small children you may need to be creative, though, because you will need to get them something fun, but not small enough for them to choke on.
    Have fun!!!
    Oh, and silly string is fun if they do it outdoors!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:16 AM on Jan. 15, 2009