How do you potty train a boy that has Cerebral Palsy?

My oldest son has cerebral Palsy that effects his legs and i was wondering if there were other moms out there who are dealing with this problem?

Asked by littlegigirl at 3:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is 10 and has cerebral palsy. She is wheelchair bound at this point, however mentally she is all with it. I have tried several different times and different things from advice from books and doctors ect. and I dont know if she just can't feel it or what but I have had no luck. I really wish I had the answere to this we are trying still to see if anything sparks it I will let you know if I find anything out. Hang in there. I know exactly how you feel!

Answer by Tiffers528 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2008

• My kiddo is a teen and we had him medically checked (to be potty trained-they said go for it-they were not sure what was going to happen) ---#2 he can't help at times but the #1 after many doctors verifying he is able to control that.
    What did it take to potty train, patience, invacare potty chair, specialized seat so he didn't tip, some fun, headphones (like the ones in factories that block out noise), lots of clapping, lots of gummies, lots of being on schedule (same time), routine, and stories and over 2 years to be pretty much 85% wet free!!
    Take Care

Guess what?? He uses the toilet and loves it!!!

Answer by lifeisajoy at 12:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My son is 3 and he is currently being diagnose to having CP. I'm having a problem with potty training him too. I'm sorry I can't be of much help but all I can say is have patience. He hates pooping an peeing in his diaper so he takes it off and hides to go somewhere else. I don't's frustrating. Just keep trying. We all in the battle least now I know that I'm not alone!

Answer by floyd835 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 7, 2008