What is whey? And what section of the grocery store would I find it in ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Do you know the WHEY to San Jose.......
    Which WHEY did they go? Which WHEY did they go?
    The WHEY We Were
    The Foot Fist WHEY
    The Cowboy WHEY
    Carlito's WHEY
    The WHEYS and Means Committee

It is the byproduct of the cheese making process. As far as I know, you cannot just buy whey - you gotta make the cheese first. Whey protein powder is sold in natural food stores and bodybuilders use it for building muscles.

All of this begs the question - if you don't know what it is, why do you need it?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:04 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• that explains ms muffet's rhyme (eating her curds and whey) lol. I never knew what it was either :) Need it for a recipe or just curious? I was wondering what causcus (sp) was the other day because I saw recipes for it and never heard of it lol
    Anonymous

• Quick ? - why would you ask THIS question as an ANON?

I've never understood the allure of ANON and you seem like a decent enough person, so I'm taking a leap of faith and asking. Do you ask ALL of your questions as ANON?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:15 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• whey is a calcium product. it runs hand in hand with soy. if you go to a tropical smoothie you decide between soy or whey in health drinks. you can find it in the health section, also you can go to a vitamin shop, or a healthy food/drug place. my dad is way into being fit and he used to order it online and would get it in different flavors (chocolate and vanilla) and make milk shakes with it.

Always
    ~Syl~
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I am trying to get in shape and eat healthier. This is in a lot of shake recipes. I want to use it since it is good for you, but I wasnt sure what it is and wanted to know before getting it.
    As for posting anon, I did it because it did sound like a stupid question - and it is true - why would I need it if I dont know what it is?
    Thank you for your answers.
    Anonymous